Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Profile installation failed on IOS Device.

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Profile installation failed on IOS Device.

Posted May 26, 2016 01:41 PM
    Hello. I played a little bit around with onboarding. When i connect to my SSID (single SSID onboarding) i get forwarded to the captive Portal an i can install the Root Certificate. When i want to install the Profile i get an error "Profile installation faild. Cannot connect to Server" I Configured everthing like in the clearpass Training. I monitored the Data with Wireshark on a Mac ( failed also) and i saw that the device tries to connect to a public IP address (IP Lookup says a Apple Server). I configured the Access Profiles on the Aruba Controller like in the ASE. What i am doning wrong? Regards Stefan

• 2.  RE: Profile installation failed on IOS Device.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 26, 2016 01:53 PM
    most common issue is certificates is not fully trusted. you can look in the application log and it should give you an idea why.

• 3.  RE: Profile installation failed on IOS Device.
    Best Answer

Posted May 30, 2016 06:47 AM

Hello. 

In the application log i saw only a reject. Now i found the problem. I had a maxium number of 2 devices per user configured. 

There is a problem with the device limit an CP6.6

Symptom: Onboard enrollment fails if a device limit is set.
    Scenario: Attempting to enroll a device when a device limit is configured in Provisioning Settings fails
    with the error “Fatal Application Error: Call to undefined method....”
    Workaround: If you use this functionality, postpone upgrading to 6.6.0 until the next patch is available.

Regards Stefan