Security

last person joined: 6 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).

Profiling problem with ClearPass and IAPs

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Profiling problem with ClearPass and IAPs

Posted May 08, 2018 11:57 AM

Hi,

We have a smaller office that we got IAPs and a ClearPass server for.

This office has local IT staff and I have been helping them get their environment setup and I have run into a small snag with profiling on the ClearPass.

Their environment is very simple, they have one subnet with no VLANs (we are planning to address this but it could take a while).  I set up the IAP to relay the DHCP requests to the ClearPass based on what I found here in the forums.2018-05-08_11h20_53.png

The profiling was working, but then I noticed something strange. I tried to sign into a laptop that was connected to the wireless that I had never signed into before. I wasn't able to sign in and the laptop reported that there were no domain controllers available. I checked the role my device was in and it was set to basically "any any". I removed the DHCP configuration shown above and I was then able to sign in. Is this normal behavior? Or have I configured something incorrectly?

They have a SonicWall fw that is acting as the gateway for their clients. I was reading that SonicWall can relay DHCP requests. Would I be able to use the SonicWall to relay the DHCP packets to the ClearPass? Could this result in any negative impacts on the network?

Sorry for the probably stupid question.

Cheers