Security

Frequent Contributor I

Protocol filtering vs port filtering

Dear Airheads experts,

We need a protocol level filter for dhcp traffic (not only port level udp 67, 68). Can I do this with Aruba controller for example with basic PEF or application level filter? I saw a dhcp6 application on the controller but I don't know what does it mean exactly.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Br.,

Zs

Guru Elite

Re: Protocol filtering vs port filtering

What are you trying to do?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Frequent Contributor I

Hi Colin,

Our security team wants to make sure that only dhcp traffic goes through on udp 67, 68. So if it is possible we need a protocol filter.

Thanks,

Zs

Guru Elite

How is your security team doing this for their wired network?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Frequent Contributor I

Unfortunately I don't know.

But is there any recommendation about that or some controller side configuration possibility?

Zs

Guru Elite

I have never heard of that before.  Most of our features are based on real-world applications.

ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: