Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Qos profile question - can you dynamically police a policy based on overall throughput

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Qos profile question - can you dynamically police a policy based on overall throughput

Posted Nov 10, 2015 07:26 PM

Guys ,

I would be amazed if this were possible but thought I would ask ... has been put forward as a requirement by a customer ..

Regarding PEF and QoS per policy in a public wifi set up.

Is it possible to set a global bandwidth on the WLC at say 40 Meg. representative of the ISP download speed. And then have a QoS setting on the policy that says if the total download exceeds say 80% of my configured capacity that the client policy will be policed per client at say 256K.

• 2.  RE: Qos profile question - can you dynamically police a policy based on overall throughput
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 10, 2015 08:42 PM

There is not a way to do that, unfortunately.

You can put all users in a single role that constrains their total sustained traffic to match your requirement.  Unfortunately I do not know anyone would be happy with 256k throughput, at all.

• 3.  RE: Qos profile question - can you dynamically police a policy based on overall throughput

Posted Nov 10, 2015 11:00 PM

thanks - just wanted the validation as my Aruba knowledge is limited at this point - agree on 256k - customer wants a solution that scales to 1000 ish concurrent users to internet i suspect we will be having a discussion on cost  .... ;-)