10-11-2017 07:51 AM
so I'm completely new to Aruba and haven't really worked with it.
We are using Aruba as our Wifi network, so we have a 7010 controller and some 305 and 315 AP's which are working fine.
We have a OpenVPN with tinyca, which we are growing too big for and we would like to have a RADIUS/AAA for authentication to our Wifi.
I read a bit about the solution from Aruba, there is the Clearpass as RADIUS and VIA as VPN Client.
Now my Questions:
1. Can the Authentication to the Wifi network be done by AD account?
2. How are the Certificated for VIA created for the user?(I just read that certifications are possible, but I couldn't find how it is done)
3. Can the User use the AD account to create the Cert / access the VPN?
4. Do we need the Licence for every Aruba Controller, or just for the ones providing the VPN access?
thanks in advance :)
Solved! Go to Solution.
10-11-2017 11:27 AM
Tim's right, but here are my general answers. You use case will be different which is where your partner will be able to help you.
2 and 3. We use AD group policy to create and push certificates to managed devices, and the VPN client uses those certificates to access the VPN.
4. I don't know how licensing works for VPN (sorry)
if I've helped, please give kudos
if I've provided a solution, please mark the solution so others can find it