Security

Regular Contributor I

Roaming between APs and DHCP

OK... I don't have that "won't ask that embarrassing question" problem... Here goes...

I noticed, a while ago in fact, that when I roam my device checks DHCP leases. Is this normal operation?
Frequent Contributor II

Re: Roaming between APs and DHCP

What kind of device? Checking for a DHCP lease is a client operation. I would be interested to know device type your testing with and does this also happen with other device or just this one.
David Dipert
Guru Elite

Nik wrote:
OK... I don't have that "won't ask that embarrassing question" problem... Here goes...

I noticed, a while ago in fact, that when I roam my device checks DHCP leases. Is this normal operation?

Nik,

The answer is "it depends".  There are a number of situations where that would happen.  I don't want to guess what your situation is, so you just might want to tell us...

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor I

I noticed this with androids. But to be honest this is probably mainly as I carry one around in my pocket. And in actual practice once I have a laptop connected ... It stays on my desk .  I'll run some tests when I am in the office next. 

MVP

you sure it was related to roaming, from my experience clients more often then you would expect send DHCP packets, could be just coincidence.

Regular Contributor I

you know what I am pretty sure, but I'll never say never!  :smileyvery-happy:

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: