Security

ejs
New Contributor

Serial number for Clearpass CP-HW-500 server from CLI?

I'm setting up a new Clearpass server and need the serial number to generate a license key. When I try to access Policy Manager via GUI, I get stuck at a license key entry page with no offline activation options (which differs from what the setup guide says). I never see an admin logon screen. When I try to log in via Guest or Onboard, the valid credentials that work for CLI access are rejected as invalid. 

I checked the outside of the appliance itself and the only serial number there gives me an "invalid serial number" error on the licensing page. Inside the shipping box there's no mention of the serial on any of the included paperwork, or on the invoice itself. 

I tried the usual "show" commands on the CLI but can't get it show up there either. Is there somewhere else on the CLI or otherwise I can find it? Or should I open a TAC case and go from there? 

Thank you!

Re: Serial number for Clearpass CP-HW-500 server from CLI?

Via GUI Click on top of the OS version (Bottom right hand side)

Thank you

Victor Fabian

Pardon typos sent from Mobile
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Architect @WEI
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
ejs
New Contributor

Hi Victor,

The problem is that I cannot access the GUI to see that. I get stuck on an "enter license key" page before I'm even presented with a logon window. Is seeing the serial simply not possible via CLI?

The two screenshots below show the only GUI pages I am presented with. There's no software version present as I am unable to log in. 

If I try to log in to Insight, Guest, or Onboard, the admin credentials that work via CLI are rejected. Quite the conundrum. 

ejs
New Contributor

Turns out the sticker on the back of the box was right and the licensing website was wrong. Had to open a TAC case to get the license key that was never emailed to us in the first place. 

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: