Security

Contributor II

Setting the expiration time for ClearPass guest accounts

I was trying to figure out how to set the expiration time on a ClearPass guest account.  In the guest manager section, there are two mandatory sections: Expiration Options and Lifetime Options.  I'm assuming that one of these adjusts the length of time that a guest account is valid?  It looks as though the default timeframe for a guest account is 24 hours.  I want to set it to something more like 8 hours, but haven't quite been able to put my finger (or mouse) on it.  I am continuing to search the documentation.

Guest Manager - account expiration.PNG

Regards,
DAK
MVP

Re: Setting the expiration time for ClearPass guest accounts

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Here is an some screenshots examples,on how to Built a self-reg page that create guest account for 1 hour.

expire_after.png

And i also configured in the guest manager the following option:

expire_action.png

more info:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/ClearPass-formerly-known-as/Guest-accounts-lifetime-expiry-time-still-can-t-make-it-work/td-p/84554

tips:

• make sure that your RFC3576 working well.
  • be sure to choose the right option in the guest manager. (Screenshots above)
  • try to update your CPPM with all the updates (ClearPass Policy Manager 6.1.2.53442)
  • BUILD your register form with the right fields

Define Custom Field – ClearPass Guest – Aruba Networks_2013-06-12_12-02-10.png

Aruba_CPGuest_DG_PDF.pdf - Adobe Reader_2013-06-12_12-12-35.png

Expiration Relative to Login, and Expiration Action
The expire_postlogin (Lifetime) field is used to specify an expiration time that takes effect after the first
login of a guest account.(#10442)
The do_expire (Expire Action) field is used to specify the action to take when the expiration time
(expire_time) is reached for a guest account. (#10442)

*****************2Plus Wireless Solutions****************************
Aruba Airheads - Powered By community for empower the community
************ Don't Forget to Kudos + me,If i helped you******************
Super Contributor I

Hello, 

but if the condition is dat: specify an expiration time that takes effect after the "last login" of a guest account.

Aruba Employee

i920098 wrote:

but if the condition is dat: specify an expiration time that takes effect after the "last login" of a guest account.

@kdisc98 was offering other fields that you can use for account expiration, of which there are a few.  His/her original suggestion of using the field, "expire_after" is what you want.  Go to your existing self-registration, open the Register Page -> Form and edit field for "expire_after".  The default initial value here is 24 for 24 hours.  Modify this to 8 or whatever you desire.  Now, any users that register on that self-registration page will receive an account valid for 8 hours after the time of registration.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: