Security

last person joined: 6 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Sponsor lookup without populated pulldown

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Sponsor lookup without populated pulldown

Posted Oct 13, 2014 01:44 PM

Hello,

We have a sponsorlookup with a multiple selection field (default) that enables the user to type in the username for a automated drop down. Out customer is a little consern about exposing this information and want a text field so the guest can manually type the e-mail of the sponsor. 

When I try to change the sponsor_lookup field to a text field the default value is Array, and I get an error message that the user cannot be found when trying to add the email.

Any ide on how we can achieve this?

• 2.  RE: Sponsor lookup without populated pulldown

Posted Oct 14, 2014 07:56 AM

You shouldn't need to edit the sponsor_lookup field.  If you want the user to add a sponsor email address, use the sponsor_email field.  This is a text field by default.  You can control which domains are allowed in the Validator Argument field..which will restrict or allow only specific sponsor email domains.

As for the sponsor_lookup field, you would want to Revert any settings manually made in that field so they go back to defaults.

Chris

• 3.  RE: Sponsor lookup without populated pulldown

Posted Oct 14, 2014 08:19 AM

Also, you'll want to remove the sponsor_lookup field and instead use the "do_ldap_lookup" field.  This is a hidden field but will lookup the user in LDAP by the email address specified by the user in the sponsor_email field.

In your Sponsorship Confirmation section of the Guest Self-Registration, make sure the Email Field specified is set to "sponsor_email' (which is the default).

Chris

• 4.  RE: Sponsor lookup without populated pulldown

Posted Oct 27, 2014 03:37 AM
      |   view attached

Thanks - I now got the text field, but the email cannot be validated :(. If I select the dropdown box - it uses the same value, and then its ok. Below is my settings for do_ldap_lookup which should be correct, right?

• 5.  RE: Sponsor lookup without populated pulldown

Posted Nov 04, 2019 10:49 AM

Hi,

I have the same problem, i.e.
    How do I choose a sponsor from the list works without a problem and finds him from AD.
    Because the company's policy has changed and it can't be, I want to change this field to TEXT, but to keep searching in AD.

Could anyone help me with this and finish this topic?

best regards