Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Using Clearpass for Guests.

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Using Clearpass for Guests.

Posted Feb 25, 2015 10:46 PM

I installed my Aruba network originally in 2012 with a single controller and mostly AP-105s and a mesh network.  I have since added some 135s, a new 7210 Local controller and moved the old 3600 as a Master.  I also added the Clearpass and have yet to tap into its fill strength.  My guest SSID and dhcp scope is currently set up on the Aruba Controller and uses a guest pwd. I want to use a landing page on the ClearPass device so I can apply rules to keep known mac addresses off that SSID.  My aps are not instant so I have yet to find a document that will get me where I need to be. Any assistance is appreciated.

• 2.  RE: Using Clearpass for Guests.

Posted Feb 27, 2015 11:16 AM

Still waiting.  Anyone have a document on how to setup Guest users on the clearpass leveraging the current Guest configurations from the Aruba Controller?

• 3.  RE: Using Clearpass for Guests.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 27, 2015 11:23 AM

MemphisBrothers,

I want to ask what are you trying to do?

Are you saying you want to manage guests on ClearPass, but use the controller's built-in pages?

The Clearpass Guest deployment guides here:  http://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/EntryId/8277/Default.aspx are a good start that explains a great deal.

• 4.  RE: Using Clearpass for Guests.

Posted Feb 27, 2015 12:23 PM

Here is my endgame.  When a visitor comes on campus I don't want to hand out a password for the Guest Network.  I want them to open a browner and get directed to a landing page where is asks for their email address, (So I can collect those for marketing) and they can agree to our Policy, then get logged in to the internet directing them to our Web Page.

Currently for users to get on the guest network I have it password protected and that is managed obn the Aruba Controller.  I want all management to be through the Clearpass. 

I also want to creat a policy where students, with school issued machines and known mac addresses can be blocked from the Guest Network.

• 5.  RE: Using Clearpass for Guests.

Posted Feb 27, 2015 12:24 PM

Is that considered Captive Portal?

• 6.  RE: Using Clearpass for Guests.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 27, 2015 12:35 PM

• 7.  RE: Using Clearpass for Guests.
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 05, 2015 12:58 PM

I am at the Atmosphere 2015 Clearpass Fundamentals. All is know. Kudos to me