01-06-2015 01:47 PM
I have a 3400 controller with PEF installed. 1 SSID is setup with access to my local network with MAC-filtering enabled on that SSID, i have another SSID with just AES encryption.
VOIP calls do not work when connected to the SSID with mac-filtering enabled. these VOIP calls do work when connected to the SSID with no mac-filtering.
I dont see an option to check if traffic is getting blocked by the PEF that is causing these VOIP calls to fail.
How can i tell if the VOIP calls are being blocked by the aruba PEF or if there is something else that is blocking VOIP?
01-06-2015 01:49 PM
We will need some more information.
- Do the phones register to the call server?
- Does the phone receive an IP address?
- Do you see traffic in the datapath session table? (show datapath session table <ip-of-phone>
- What role is the phone getting?
- Do you have firewall rules applied to the role other than allowall?
Tim Cappalli | Aruba ClearPass TME
@timcappalli | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480 / ACEAP / CWSP