Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

What to do when either Publisher or Subscriber Down

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  What to do when either Publisher or Subscriber Down

Posted Jan 22, 2017 10:18 AM

Hi

I have two CPPM VM servers (publisher and subscriber), they are connected to AD server for authentication.

Is there any special configuration for the AD server "since they are cluster", so the authentication process intact if one of the server goes down, I heared about something called (AD Password Server), is it required or something else?

And what will be the case if one of the servers (publisher and subscriber) went down and connected back, is there a procedure to get them  back or its an auto procedure?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: What to do when either Publisher or Subscriber Down

Posted Jan 22, 2017 01:16 PM

• 3.  RE: What to do when either Publisher or Subscriber Down

Posted Jan 22, 2017 09:44 PM

Did you read my Clustering TechNote?

• 4.  RE: What to do when either Publisher or Subscriber Down

Posted Jan 24, 2017 10:39 AM

Hi

Per to my testings, if either the publisher or subscriber disconnected from network "disconnected them for less than an hour", and connected them again, then they joined cluster again automatically.

But per to some documnets and resources, it states that I have to manuall join it back to cluster.

So is the join back requested for certain cases only, I mean like if the server was down long time?