Security

Occasional Contributor II

What to do when either Publisher or Subscriber Down

Hi

I have two CPPM VM servers (publisher and subscriber), they are connected to AD server for authentication.

Is there any special configuration for the AD server "since they are cluster", so the authentication process intact if one of the server goes down, I heared about something called (AD Password Server), is it required or something else?

And what will be the case if one of the servers (publisher and subscriber) went down and connected back, is there a procedure to get them  back or its an auto procedure?

Thanks

Mahmoud
MVP

Re: What to do when either Publisher or Subscriber Down

Please read the following Clearpass clustering guide
https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=15546

Get Outlook for iOS
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA

Did you read my Clustering TechNote?

Best Regards
-d

Snr Tech Marketing Engineer - ClearPass

-- Found something helpful, important, or cool? Click the Kudos Star in a post.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.
Occasional Contributor II

Hi

Per to my testings, if either the publisher or subscriber disconnected from network "disconnected them for less than an hour", and connected them again, then they joined cluster again automatically.

But per to some documnets and resources, it states that I have to manuall join it back to cluster.

So is the join back requested for certain cases only, I mean like if the server was down long time?

Mahmoud
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: