Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Why am I getting this error message?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Why am I getting this error message?

Posted Mar 02, 2016 12:28 PM

Hi,

Just noticed that our syslog server is filling up with

Mar 2 17:19:06 2016 Arubal3.york.ac.uk mdns[4445]: <137004> <WARN> <Arubal3.york.ac.uk 144.32.64.38> RADIUS server clearpass3--144.32.126.179-1812 timeout

Error messages. Tracked down the Server group associated with this and I'm seeing an error for every radius server entry in the group. On our clearpass cluster I can see error messages indicating that there is a shared key missmatch. Thing is that if I take one of my other radius servers that is actually do authentication, so I know the ip address/key is correct and add it to this server group, I get the same error message for it. If I remove an entry for a server from the group error messages go away for that server.

Other question is why is it the mdns process? Not Airgroups is disabled on the mobility controllers.

Rgds

Alex

• 2.  RE: Why am I getting this error message?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 04, 2016 03:28 PM

That message means that the server is not answering for some reason.  You need to track that down by doing a test authentication using the Diagnostics tab on the controller.

• 3.  RE: Why am I getting this error message?

Posted Mar 07, 2016 04:33 AM

Well, sorted it out by deleting the RADIUS serves 1 by one from the server group and then macically the errors went away. Reinstated the servers 1 by 1 checking the logs and the messages didn't come back.

A

• 4.  RE: Why am I getting this error message?

Posted Mar 25, 2020 02:10 AM

You will have to use network diagnosis for this one.