Security

Super Contributor I

Why cant I use Authentication:OuterMethod EQUALS EAP-TLS in a clearpass service selection

Hi,

Trying to integrate clearpass onboarding into our eduroam auth service and want to check that the authentication method is EAP-TLS. Adding "Authentication:OuterMethod  EQUALS  EAP-TLS" doesn't work for service slection but is valid as an enforcement policy. You can certainly specify it as a selection criteria and for a successfully connected (manually generated) EAP-TLS connection, if you look at the session status it shows that th Auth:outerMethod is EAP-TLS

A

Guru Elite

Re: Why cant I use Authentication:OuterMethod EQUALS EAP-TLS in a clearpass service selection

When the radius connection is incoming,  outer method is not available until it is negotiated.  The enforcement policy is the proper way to service an SSID with multiple encryption types.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Super Contributor I

Re: Why cant I use Authentication:OuterMethod EQUALS EAP-TLS in a clearpass service selection

o.k. thought it was something like that

Rgds

A

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: