Security

Occasional Contributor I

Why does installing the Onguard Agent software remove the gateway from my computer?

Why does installing the Onguard Agent software remove the gateway from my computer?.

Note:
- Clearpass, I have it without postures.

I want to implement it on some computers for testing, but it was the first problem I have.

Do you have background or documentation on why this happens?

Guru Elite

Re: Why does installing the Onguard Agent software remove the gateway from my computer?

Do you have the VPN component enabled?

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Occasional Contributor I

Re: Why does installing the Onguard Agent software remove the gateway from my computer?

Yes, I have a VPN client from Palo Alto. For remote connections.
But at the time of testing it was disabled.

Forgetting to mention that this happens to me when I connect it to SWITCH with 802.1x (Wired) authentication.

But as I indicated earlier, I do not have any configuration yet of postures yet.

When I install and connect, it removes the gateway.

Guru Elite

Does OnGuard have the VPN component enabled in ClearPass?

Occasional Contributor I

Yes, Why?

Guru Elite

VPNs modify the routing table, so when you uninstall OnGuard, it's likely resetting the routnig table back to default.

Occasional Contributor I

I have removed the option, but the problem continues.

Captura.JPG

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: