Security

Occasional Contributor I

Why does my IAP guest network keep making users enter in username and password?

I have IAP 215's with 2 SSID's set up. One is a guest network but it keeps asking my users, primarily iPhone users to re-enter the username and password after the phone's screen turns off. Is there a way to prevent the users from needing to relogin?

Guru Elite

Re: Why does my IAP guest network keep making users enter in username and password?

Do you have ClearPass?

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Occasional Contributor I

Re: Why does my IAP guest network keep making users enter in username and password?

I am not sure. How do I find out?

Valarie Wiles
Information Technology Administrator

Strength of Nature Global, LLC
64 Ross Rd
Savannah, GA 31405

Office: 912-234-3700 Ext. 151
Direct: 912-544-0623
Mobile: 912-414-0313
Valarie.Wiles@songlobal.com
Guru Elite

IT_Girl,

ClearPass would be an external radius server/guest access solution that you might have purchased.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
MVP

IT_girl - Reason they ask is that this is most commonly solved by implementing MAC-authentication to avoid having to re-enter the username and passwords. Using a product like Clearpass for guest registration will also give you automatic MAC-address registration connected to the useraccount during that process. This in turn will provide you with an easy process for MAC-authentication and good userexperience.

Regards
John Solberg

-ACMX #316 :: ACCX #902 :: ACSA
Aruba Partner Ambassador
Intelecom/NetNordic - Norway
----------------------------
Remember to Kudo if a post helped you! || Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post!
Occasional Contributor I

I did not purchase clear pass then.

Valarie Wiles

64 Ross Rd
Savannah, GA 31405

Guru Elite

IT_Girl,

It might be easier to just have a WPA2-PSK SSID for guests, then.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Occasional Contributor I

Is there not a fix for this?

Valarie Wiles

64 Ross Rd
Savannah, GA 31405

No you would need to have ClearPass in place.
Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
Guru Elite

IT_Girl wrote:
Is there not a fix for this?

Valarie Wiles

64 Ross Rd
Savannah, GA 31405

By default, a user on Aruba Instant will time out after 10 minutes of inactivity.  If you want to do something more creative, it will require an external policy server.

ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: