Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

cant ping controller when on wifi

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  cant ping controller when on wifi

Posted Oct 05, 2013 08:25 PM

I have a 620 controller running ArubaOS 6.1.2.3.  I am also using 2x 135 APs.  When I am wired into the controller, I can ping the controller and reach its GUI managment. When I am on wifi, I can connect to the internet and ping other network resources but am unable to reach the controller via GUI or SSH.  Any ideas?

#AP135

• 2.  RE: cant ping controller when on wifi

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 05, 2013 08:30 PM

Check the user-table to see what role your device is in (show user-table  or  show user-table | include <ipaddress> or <macaddress>

Then you can issue the command: show rights <user-role-name> which will show you the policies being applied to the device. Look for any rules that might be denying access to the controller's IP.

Another thing to check would be: show datapath session table <ip-address> and look for any "D" flags indicating denied traffic.

• 3.  RE: cant ping controller when on wifi

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 05, 2013 09:19 PM

@AGarner wrote:

I have a 620 controller running ArubaOS 6.1.2.3.  I am also using 2x 135 APs.  When I am wired into the controller, I can ping the controller and reach its GUI managment. When I am on wifi, I can connect to the internet and ping other network resources but am unable to reach the controller via GUI or SSH.  Any ideas?

Make sure "Convert Broadcast ARP requests to unicast" is checked in your Virtual AP that you connect to wirelessly.