Security

Contributor II

cant ping controller when on wifi

I have a 620 controller running ArubaOS 6.1.2.3.  I am also using 2x 135 APs.  When I am wired into the controller, I can ping the controller and reach its GUI managment. When I am on wifi, I can connect to the internet and ping other network resources but am unable to reach the controller via GUI or SSH.  Any ideas?

Guru Elite

Re: cant ping controller when on wifi

Check the user-table to see what role your device is in (show user-table  or  show user-table | include <ipaddress> or <macaddress>

Then you can issue the command: show rights <user-role-name> which will show you the policies being applied to the device. Look for any rules that might be denying access to the controller's IP.

Another thing to check would be: show datapath session table <ip-address> and look for any "D" flags indicating denied traffic.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Guru Elite

Re: cant ping controller when on wifi

AGarner wrote:

I have a 620 controller running ArubaOS 6.1.2.3.  I am also using 2x 135 APs.  When I am wired into the controller, I can ping the controller and reach its GUI managment. When I am on wifi, I can connect to the internet and ping other network resources but am unable to reach the controller via GUI or SSH.  Any ideas?

Make sure "Convert Broadcast ARP requests to unicast" is checked in your Virtual AP that you connect to wirelessly.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: