Security

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

captive portal redirection hangs after authentication

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  captive portal redirection hangs after authentication

Posted Apr 17, 2014 04:39 AM

The captive portal basically hangs after authentication.  Anyone else had this?  Native portal on the controller's always ok.

It's never really worked consistently ever, and I followed the URL persistence technote and sometimes it works fine other times - sadly mostly - the browser hangs.

Anyone else had this?

• 2.  RE: captive portal redirection hangs after authentication
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 17, 2014 08:14 AM

What role does the user get after being authenticated?  Would it block anything on your captive portal server?  Is there a URL present in the address bar when it hangs?

• 3.  RE: captive portal redirection hangs after authentication

Posted Apr 17, 2014 09:09 AM

potentially... you know the url persistence tech note that lands you on the php based welcome page that redirects you the originally requested url?

i followed that but my role (preauth) allows access to cpg, then closes it off after role (post-auth) I'll try leaving it open, and see if it makes a difference

thanks a mill, I'll post up a results  after

• 4.  RE: captive portal redirection hangs after authentication

Posted Apr 17, 2014 11:49 AM

abolsutely right cj (as usual)

I have added this so the cpg server is still accessible after login, and I when I do a show acl hits I see the hits on the particular rul ein the fw policy that I addded for this purpose.

works just like a native portal now - thanks a million for the advice.   I find checking the datapath table a bit confusing when rule changes