Security

Regular Contributor I

captive portal redirection hangs after authentication

The captive portal basically hangs after authentication.  Anyone else had this?  Native portal on the controller's always ok.

It's never really worked consistently ever, and I followed the URL persistence technote and sometimes it works fine other times - sadly mostly - the browser hangs.

Anyone else had this?

Guru Elite

Re: captive portal redirection hangs after authentication

What role does the user get after being authenticated?  Would it block anything on your captive portal server?  Is there a URL present in the address bar when it hangs?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor I

potentially... you know the url persistence tech note that lands you on the php based welcome page that redirects you the originally requested url?

i followed that but my role (preauth) allows access to cpg, then closes it off after role (post-auth) I'll try leaving it open, and see if it makes a difference

thanks a mill, I'll post up a results  after

Regular Contributor I

abolsutely right cj (as usual)

I have added this so the cpg server is still accessible after login, and I when I do a show acl hits I see the hits on the particular rul ein the fw policy that I addded for this purpose.

works just like a native portal now - thanks a million for the advice.   I find checking the datapath table a bit confusing when rule changes 

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: