Security

download private key on clearpass 6.7

On clearpass 6.6 when you generate the request you were able to download the private key  as on the button it says download csr and private key.   On 6.7 it just says download CSR

How do i get the private key?

this was really useful to me when generating some .pem files

Cheers

Carlos

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp
Guru Elite

Re: download private key on clearpass 6.7

After you install the signed cert, you can export it. There is no need to access the private key until the signed certificate is installed.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480

So there is no way to do that anymore?

And ineed it before because for example if i want a certificate for many controllers and use the same certificate what i did was signing a doing the request

it get signed

With that i opened a textpad

Put all the characters of the private key

then of teh signed cert

and then the characters of the ca bundle then i put it as a .pem file and i can use that same cert in many controllers. instead of doing them separately

So as you see i dont actually install that cert anywhere before creating the .pem flile

Alternetworks Corp
Guru Elite

1) you should never be using the same certificate in ClearPass and network devices

2) you can't do any of that until you have a signed certificate which is why there is no need to present the private key prior to uploading signed certificate

For number 1 i know that, as i once tried and what happened is that when the user was seft registering it just didnt work hehe

for number 2 do i need to install the certificate inthe clearpass to download the private key then??

Alternetworks Corp
Guru Elite

1) then something is misconfigured
2) yes

New Contributor

Hi Tim,

We've got a 6.6.10 Policy manager running. generated a signing request.. Didnt get the download private key option. but after signing I can't import only the signed certificate because I need the private key it is saying? you've got any idea?

Thnx. 

Joël Stouwdam

Occasional Contributor II

Same issue here, running 6.7 and I'm trying to import the signed request but it keeps complaining about needing the private key as well. 

Occasional Contributor II

It’s asking for the key to import on 6.7. I have issued a csr twice using an easy to remember pass phrase and it is not using a “saved” key but instead asking for the file. 

Thanks in advance!

Guru Elite

Do you see this?

Screenshot 2018-08-19 at 19.52.21.png

Screenshot 2018-08-19 at 19.57.28.png

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: