Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

limiting the number of device s a user can have

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  limiting the number of device s a user can have

Posted Nov 17, 2011 03:27 PM

Is there a way to limit how many devices a user  can have?  We want to allow a user either guest or an employee owned to one. Most people are coming in with a phone and sometimes a tablet. Can this be done and if so how can it be done?

• 2.  RE: limiting the number of device s a user can have
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 17, 2011 03:54 PM

Yes this can be controlled in a couple of ways.

Amigopod operator profiles allow you to control the number of 'guest accounts' a sponsor can create as of 3.5 software.  When you edit an operator profile there is a set of new filters around how many accounts can be created underneath all of the access control options. So you can set up an operator profile to let the user provision their own devices via self registration or by creating a user/mac device

The second thing that can be done is limit the number of sessions a single username/password can have concurrently.  This may not fully support your use case but is an option.  This can be set universally under Customization/Guest Manager or you can add a radius attribute (max sessions) to restrict on a per role basis

Hope this helps

Carlos

• 3.  RE: limiting the number of device s a user can have

Posted Apr 06, 2016 10:12 AM

Hi,

But I change the profile of a type of user.

But this only affects a user create on Clearpass.

If I need to sponsor via sponsor_lookup, i check the email via LDAP, and the user don't have a profile on clearpass...how to ajust the account limit via an sponsor of LDAP?

Thanks

Account Limit:

Maximum number of accounts the operator can create.
    Leave blank for no limit.