Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

"Validate Server Certificate" Adapter Setting

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  "Validate Server Certificate" Adapter Setting

Posted Feb 12, 2017 03:46 AM

Hi

the wired and wireless users cant authenticate and connect through CPPM unless I Uncheck the "valaidate server certificate" option under the adapter settings.

I didnt genertare certificate for CPPM and will not, so is there a way to authentciate users without unchecking this option?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: "Validate Server Certificate" Adapter Setting

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 12, 2017 06:27 AM

For the "Validate Server Certificate" option to work, your clients must have the radius server certificate (ClearPass) in their trusted store, or the Certificate Authority that generated the radius server certificate in their trusted store.

How did you generate the radius server certificate in ClearPass?

• 3.  RE: "Validate Server Certificate" Adapter Setting

Posted Feb 12, 2017 07:08 AM
    Hi

I dont have certificate issued, using the self certificate.
    What I looking for is skiping the need to uncheck the validate cert without issuing certificate

• 4.  RE: "Validate Server Certificate" Adapter Setting
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 12, 2017 08:04 AM

You cannot do that with a self-signed certificate.

EDIT:  I would take a look at the certificates 101 technote here:  https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=19184