Training, Certification & Career

last person joined: yesterday 

Get more information about the HPE Aruba Networking technical training and certification programs. Network with your colleagues to improve your career, and post job availability for network engineers within your organization.
Expand all | Collapse all

Maximum Required Height for Indoor APs 204 and 205

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Maximum Required Height for Indoor APs 204 and 205

Posted Apr 22, 2015 01:32 PM

Please help me guys.

How much is the aruba recommenced height for indoor AP's. 

#AP205

• 2.  RE: Maximum Required Height for Indoor APs 204 and 205
    Best Answer

Posted May 13, 2015 10:25 AM
    The AP204 has an external antenna selection. As for your traditional downtilt omni directional I generally recommend no lower than 8ft ceiling height. The higher your ceiling the wider the cell, so density and tuning then comes into play at that point. I believe our density VRD covers this as well regarding placement.

Cheers,
    Joshua

• 3.  RE: Maximum Required Height for Indoor APs 204 and 205

Posted May 13, 2015 11:12 AM
    Dear joshua,

I understand your point but still i have some confussion, you mean to say that the recommanded height is must be more then 8ft(i.e, 3 meters). If this is in case of AP-204 then what about AP-205 and another thing how much we can go up in height. Thanks for your response.

• 4.  RE: Maximum Required Height for Indoor APs 204 and 205
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 13, 2015 04:28 PM

w.ullah@bmc.com.sa,

The AP205 is an access point with built in down-tilt omnidirectional antennas.  We have seen them deployed at 30 meters in warehouses where they provide good coverage.  Please see the post here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Community-Tribal-Knowledge-Base/AP-135-in-a-warehouse/ta-p/82834

The AP204 is an access point that has connectors for external antennas.  That means the height that you can mount them depends on the pattern of those external antennas.  For most people, the AP205 with built in downtilt antennas is sufficient for their needs.