Training, Certification & Career

last person joined: 13 days ago 

Get more information about the HPE Aruba Networking technical training and certification programs. Network with your colleagues to improve your career, and post job availability for network engineers within your organization.
Expand all | Collapse all

Updates to Aruba Exams in Near Future ?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Updates to Aruba Exams in Near Future ?

Posted Jun 09, 2014 11:53 AM
    With the emergence and advancement in wireless technologies and the release of new wireless products, should we be expecting updates to Aruba Networks' certification exams? Sorry if I'm being nosey (as I know items like this can be confidential), but with the push toward 802.11ac and possible changes in available spectrum, more advanced Aruba controller models (7000, 7200) and code releases and features (6.3, 6.4, AirGroup, etc.) my mind tells me Aruba would want its certified individuals to be proficient these aspects.

I'm sure ACMX and ACDX can easily adapt to these, but what about ACMA and ACMP?

for those that may not have known CWNP has updated the CWNA (now PW0-106) which includes topics centralizing around 802.11ac (Tx Beamforming, VHT, 80, 160, and 80+80)

• 2.  RE: Updates to Aruba Exams in Near Future ?

Posted Jun 11, 2014 04:58 AM

ACMA and ACMP are both being updated to 6.3.  In fact, both should be available on PearsonVue as I write this response.

Both of these certifications are based upon our courseware of IAW/SWDI/MBC which really focus more on controller/AP configuration.  It is possible that a future version of the exam may embed more wireless technology specific questions.  But for now the focus is on how to enable and manage features.

HTH,

Kevin

• 3.  RE: Updates to Aruba Exams in Near Future ?

Posted Jun 11, 2014 07:48 AM

Wow, right on time.

Are 6.3 study guides available?

Thanks for the information.

• 4.  RE: Updates to Aruba Exams in Near Future ?

Posted Jun 11, 2014 11:05 AM

Not yet, but probably within the next 30 days.  We have been swamped getting the exams ready and then prepping for AirHeads Italy.  When we all return from Italy, decompress and lose a few pounds from the great food, we will return to the writing process.  :)

Kevin