Training, Certification & Career

last person joined: yesterday 

Get more information about the HPE Aruba Networking technical training and certification programs. Network with your colleagues to improve your career, and post job availability for network engineers within your organization.
Expand all | Collapse all

What is the different between ACMA 6.1 and 6.3?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  What is the different between ACMA 6.1 and 6.3?

Posted Jun 25, 2014 01:01 AM

Hi All,

is the question for ACMA 6.1 and 6.3 are totally different? I will seat for 6.3 exam but i only have the study guide on 6.1.

Any additional topic covered on ACMA 6.3?

Or is there any study guide for ACMA 6.3 that i can refer to? 

Thanks.

#newbie

• 2.  RE: What is the different between ACMA 6.1 and 6.3?

Posted Jun 25, 2014 04:45 AM

There is a lot of diffenence so go ahead and take 6.3 never take any old exam while there is new.

• 3.  RE: What is the different between ACMA 6.1 and 6.3?

Posted Jun 25, 2014 11:46 PM

The questions will be similar between the two AOS versions.  Some questions have been removed as some features have been removed such as the RF Plan feature that was removed from AOS 6.3.   Some new redundancy features were also added in AOS 6.3, as such, there are new questions covering those topics. 

I am sure you can understand that I cannot provide specifics on what the exam covers -- that would invalidate the exam; however, there are no surprises.  All the material used in the course is fair game for the exam.

• 4.  RE: What is the different between ACMA 6.1 and 6.3?

Posted Mar 11, 2015 05:10 PM

I realize this is an old post but it is a current issue. Both the ACMA 6.1 and 6.3 show up on the Pearson Vue site and both can be scheduled as of March 11, 2015. Although, it is unclear if the test site will actually deliver the correct version at the time of testing. For instance, you may schedule 6.1 but the test site may deliver 6.3. It would be nice to know if the 6.1 exam is actually expired from an official source. I did see that an email can be sent to verify the test version but haven't heard back. Does Aruba personnel who monitor this community actually provide any responses; from what I can tell, they don't. Would like to know if taking the 6.1 exam would still earn the ACMA since I have experience with 6.1?

• 5.  RE: What is the different between ACMA 6.1 and 6.3?

Posted Mar 12, 2015 12:54 PM

We do not track which version of the exam that you take.  So if you pass ACMA 6.1, then you are ACMA certified.

We will be retiring the ACMA 6.1 exam soon. But if you already registered for it, then that is what will be presented to you at the exam.

Kevin

• 6.  RE: What is the different between ACMA 6.1 and 6.3?

Posted Apr 14, 2015 05:13 PM

I believe the biggest differences are that 6.3 supports 802.11ac APs, loses RFPlan (have to use VisualRF on AirWave) and adds Centralized Licenses.