Training, Certification & Career

Occasional Contributor II

Where can I find spectrum analyzer examples so I can learn how to differentiate wireless signals?

I am trying to learn the differences on recognizing microwave frequencies, wireless cameras, Bluetooth devices and other devices to help me be more prepared for my CWNA certification exam.

MVP

Re: Where can I find spectrum analyzer examples so I can learn how to differentiate wireless signals

Do you have the CWAP book? , the book brings a CD with some spectrum analysis samples from different devices.

In this website you can get the samples from Chapter 11:

http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-0470769033,miniSiteCd-SYBEX.html

And this particular site they show some of the samples as well:

http://www.metageek.net/blog/2011/04/cwap-official-study-guide-spectrum-analysis-supplement/

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA

Re: Where can I find spectrum analyzer examples so I can learn how to differentiate wireless signals

Thank you Fabian that is helpful I am willing to take all types of suggestions to guide me in the right direction which will help me pass my CWNA exam.  I will pick up the CWAP book to add to my collection.  I have also downloaded the CWAP CD from the CWNP website.

MVP

Good luck .

The cwna book does a good job getting you ready for the exam , the cwap is cwna but on steroids since it goes into every detail of the 802.11 different processes
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Super Contributor II

Both Chanalyzer 3 and 4 can be opened up without the Wi-Spy USB dongle. The application allows you to open some example captures and also one of the tabs give you a range of screen shots of specific devices - if all you need is some examples this is your best option - I'm pretty sure you can download the software freely.

Thank you Matt for posting this good tip I will definitely have to check Chanalzyer out and the free examples.

Brian thanks for your motivation and recommendatons!  I appreciate all help and welcome any examples that anyone can direct me to so I can become familiar with recognizing all wireless device signals.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: