Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba S1500 Mobility access switch - MAC address filtering

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Aruba S1500 Mobility access switch - MAC address filtering

Posted Aug 14, 2017 03:14 PM

Hello folks,

We have a couple of Aruba S1500 48 port Mobility access switches providing network access at our employee offices.  I am being tasked with "locking down" physical access to our network ports available in our cube offices so that when a device is plugged in, it will not communicate unless its MAC address is recognized.

I see there is a default MAC address authentication type under Authentication\Profiles tab, but I not sure how to enable it and where to add trusted MACs.  Having trouble locating configuration guide...

Anyone have a suggestion or link to configuration guide?

• 2.  RE: Aruba S1500 Mobility access switch - MAC address filtering

Posted Aug 18, 2017 12:39 PM

Darn, no reply so far.

Anyone at least know where I may obtain an administrator guide for this switch?

• 3.  RE: Aruba S1500 Mobility access switch - MAC address filtering

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Aug 29, 2017 07:05 AM

Hey,

Not sure if you have found the answers yet but Admin Guides can be found below:

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/EntryId/5809/Default.aspx

The guide details Port Security, Mac Auth and so on. You will need to specify a authentication source for the MAC's, whether this be an internal db, CPPM and so on. From here you can then apply a AAA profile to the port to auth the device when connected.