Wired Intelligent Edge (Campus Switching and Routing)

Compatibility Aruba and Juniper EX Switches

Hello,

having a client investigating to deploy Juniper EX switches (4300 Series) in the campus core and Aruba (2930F) in the access layer.  Juniper EX mostly because of the VRF-support.

Anybody having experience in the compatibility of those devices / vendors especially when using VSF on Aruba and VC (Virtual Chassis) on Juniper?

Many Thanks!

Occasional Contributor I

Re: Compatibility Aruba and Juniper EX Switches

VSF on the 2930F is stacking. There should be no issues with whatever is upstream of the stack. 

VRF is a logical separation of L3 functions in a switch so, if the uplinks are mapped to the appropriate VRF instances, it should be fine. 

Net net is that VSF and VRF are not "competing" against each other and serve a different purpose. There should be no issues interoperating 

Hi seth_cse_nh,

many thanks for your feedback.

I probably missed some important information in my question ...

The setup will be a VSF-Stack with multiple Aruba 2930F connected using LACP links to two Juniper switches in a Virtual Chassis.  Meaning the LACP Trunk will spread across multiple Aruba and Juniper devices.

I think it should work, but still wanted to check.

Regards,

Michael

You could have a look at the Aruba 8400/8320 campus core switches as well for this purpose.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Occasional Contributor I

I have a VC of 2 Juniper EX4600 connecting to 2 separate HP 5400zl Switches via a 2x10G port channel. Works without problems, failover as well. No experience with HPE/Aruba VSF, though. I can't test that for you though, as I have only one 2930F here at the moment.

I::IPv6

Many Thanks for all information.

@Herman

I have checked on the 8320/8400 and those would be a fit, but due to client requirements we have to propose with Juniper.

@ bawe

That was what I was looking for. Will see how the client decides and share some further experience.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: