Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

HP OfficeConnect 1920s : install a backup file

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  HP OfficeConnect 1920s : install a backup file

Posted May 29, 2018 08:30 AM

Hi,

I have an issue for install the backup file on a HP OfficeConnect 1920s.

In the maintenance mode, I update the file (a file created on a other configured 1920s), the system tell me that the "switch will restart and I had to plan to the change the IP address". Thenk I chose "OK", the swtich restart but....it doesn't take the configuration of the file. It stays with the current config and the IP doesn't change also.

I lost 2 hours on this and I don't really understand.

Is it possible to have the correct procedure for the backup of a current config and the procedure for the restore on a news switch ?

Many thanks in avdance for your help

• 2.  RE: HP OfficeConnect 1920s : install a backup file

MVP EXPERT
    Posted May 29, 2018 02:54 PM
    Is the firmware on the new switch the same as where you create the backup image?

• 3.  RE: HP OfficeConnect 1920s : install a backup file

Posted May 29, 2018 06:57 PM

Yes, I checked and it's the same firmware version.

• 4.  RE: HP OfficeConnect 1920s : install a backup file

MVP EXPERT
    Posted May 29, 2018 02:54 PM
    Is the firmware on the new switch the same as where you create the backup image?

• 5.  RE: HP OfficeConnect 1920s : install a backup file

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 30, 2018 12:44 PM

Hi!

Once you upload the config file to the switch, you are not supposed to save the config this writes the startup config again with whatever is in the running config, which is probably the default one..

Just upload the config in the Startup config part, once done pull the plug on the switch and boot it back again.

It might also depend on the config file sometimes, are these 2 switches on the same firmware and do they have the same product number ? Is it possible to share the config file ?

• 6.  RE: HP OfficeConnect 1920s : install a backup file

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 30, 2018 06:37 PM

Hello,

I have written a short backup install configuration guide for HPE 1920S Switch. Please, follow the instructions written in the attached guide to backup configuration file on HPE 1920S Switch.

In addition, please, refer to the page 208 of HPE OfficeConnect 1920S 8G/24G/48G Switch Series Management and Configuration Guide below.

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=a00003478en_us

• 7.  RE: HP OfficeConnect 1920s : install a backup file

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 30, 2018 06:38 PM
      |   view attached

Attached the process guide.

Attachment(s)