Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: an hour ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Is ARUBA gre layer2 tunnel compatible with RFC 1701 GRE transparent ethernet bridging

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Is ARUBA gre layer2 tunnel compatible with RFC 1701 GRE transparent ethernet bridging

Posted Jun 19, 2016 05:05 PM

Hello

I am trying to establish an L2 encapsulation in a GRE tunnel between AMC and a third party device (VyOS router 1.1.7 with gre-bridge feature).

On the capture, the only one difference i have seen is the 802.1Q tag inside the encapsulated frame from the controller, and the response without this tag.

Do the controller accept such untagged frames ?

Pierre

• 2.  RE: Is ARUBA gre layer2 tunnel compatible with RFC 1701 GRE transparent ethernet bridging
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 22, 2016 03:56 PM
    Hi Finally I find the solution... I have used the "ip link gretap" directive on my Vyos router, and I can tag frames 802.1q into a gre tunnel... All works and I have to improve some tunnel parameters... Pierre

#AirheadsMobile

• 3.  RE: Is ARUBA gre layer2 tunnel compatible with RFC 1701 GRE transparent ethernet bridging

Posted Jun 23, 2017 09:20 AM

Hi,

It works quite perfectly .... but some GRE packet are sent with a flag on GRE Header that contain a not null value (like DNS requests issued by Apple devices).

The RFC says that value (Flags field of the GRE header) must be null otherwyse the recipient drop the packet ...

I don't know how to modify this GRE packet tagging!!!

Rgds