Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Password Reset on 2530 LAN switch

This thread has been viewed 19 times
  • 1.  Password Reset on 2530 LAN switch

Posted Nov 19, 2017 03:44 AM

Hello all.

I have a 2530 LAN switch that I have been working with as a test lab but for some reason my admin password is not being accepted on the CLI.

I have seen other posts about using the "password" and "forgetme!" combination, but this doesn't work for me.

How can I reset this password

Sorry for being a half-wit :-)

Andy.

• 2.  RE: Password Reset on 2530 LAN switch

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Nov 19, 2017 04:09 AM

There should be a "clear" button on the front you can press for one second.

Deleting Passwords - When pressed by itself for at least one second, the button deletes any switch console access passwords that you may have configured. Use this feature if you have misplaced the password and need console access. This button is provided as a convenience, however if you are concerned with the security of the switch configuration and operation, you should make sure the switch is installed in a secure location. This button can be disabled by a CLI command.