Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Restoring Aruba flash on to HP switch

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Restoring Aruba flash on to HP switch

Posted Jan 21, 2016 10:05 AM

We have a customer who uses aruba switches namely s1500 24 port and the s2500 24 port switches. recently due to a power surge, the s2500 switch got damaged and we have to get it replaced. the suppliers are insisting that we get a new HP equivilant switch instead of the aruba switch for the replacement. My question is is it possible to restore the flash backup of the old aruba switch which is completely dead on to the new HP switch if i purchase the HP switch?

• 2.  RE: Restoring Aruba flash on to HP switch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 21, 2016 04:32 PM

Hi Ranjit,

No, you cannot restore flash from an Aruba switch to HP (HPE now). Different switch vendors have different code versions so flash's are incompatible. Just FYI, Aruba and HPE are one company now.

Thanks,

Jay 

Aruba, A Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company

• 3.  RE: Restoring Aruba flash on to HP switch

Posted Jan 22, 2016 01:59 AM

thanks for your prompt response. so is the HP switches compatible with the aruba gear? we have customers who are only using aruba solutions in their offices and in case the aruba switch fail and i cannot get the aruba switch anymore does that mean for that one switch i have to replace the whole aruba switches that are being used and go for HP?

• 4.  RE: Restoring Aruba flash on to HP switch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 22, 2016 02:45 AM

Please note that the Mobility Access Switches are still orderable, not even declared end of sale.

Also, Mobility Access Switches come with limited lifetime warranty on the hardware, if purchased after a May 21th, 2009. Please check the details on http://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/product-warranties/ and more specific the Warranty FAQ linked in that page (http://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/faq/FAQ_product_warranty.pdf).

Please work with your Aruba partner, or local sales team to find out the best scenario in your case.

• 5.  RE: Restoring Aruba flash on to HP switch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 22, 2016 10:56 AM

Hi Ranjit,

You can still get all the Aruba switches just as before.

Thanks,

Jay