Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

S1500 Aruba Switch SFP

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  S1500 Aruba Switch SFP

Posted Oct 29, 2013 09:58 PM

Hello, i was wondering if you can use some OEM SFP in the S1500 or i just can use the ones that arubanetworks Sells.

I got many SFPs in the office and i was wondering if i could use any of those(they are not Aruba SFX)

Cheers

Carlos

• 2.  RE: S1500 Aruba Switch SFP

Posted Oct 29, 2013 10:23 PM

Official stance: 

Aruba tests and supports Aruba approved optics within their mobility access switch systems. Non-approved third
    party optics are not tested or supported; therefore, Aruba does not guarantee proper functionality of non-approved
    third party optics when used in an Aruba system. For a complete list of Aruba approved optics, contact your Aruba
    sales representative.

JF

• 3.  RE: S1500 Aruba Switch SFP

Posted Oct 29, 2013 10:42 PM

It is possible to do an arubastack withouth the SFPs? i mean just with normal ethernet ports?

I will keep asking silly questions when i get my course in decenmber of aruba switches ;P

Cheers

Carlos

• 4.  RE: S1500 Aruba Switch SFP
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 30, 2013 12:27 AM

Carlos,

We added support for base port (aka access ports vs. uplink) stacking in AOS 7.2.1.1. The S1500s will support ArubaStack begining with 7.3 and will also suport base port stacking. From a QA perspective, it is restricted to port 22/23 or 46/47 of the 24 port and 48 port models respectively.

Also to add to the answer about SFPs, here you can see the list of vendors and their respecitve SFPs that we have qualified.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/interoperability/#SFP-XFP

Best regards,

Madani