Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Searching for sample configs HPE 5510 and 5130

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Searching for sample configs HPE 5510 and 5130

Posted Apr 23, 2018 12:53 AM

Hello,

I‘ m searching for sample configs for HPE 5510 and 5130. Especially on how to make it compatible with Cisco Switches (trunk, native vlan, allowed vlan....). 

The 5510 Switches act as a IRF Cluster. 

It would be really nice to have templates which can be easy changed...😉

BR

Udo

• 2.  RE: Searching for sample configs HPE 5510 and 5130

MVP GURU
    Posted Apr 23, 2018 04:55 AM

Hello,

I personally don't know nothing official from HPE but two things come to mind to me and, maybe, they can help to understand Cisco IOS versus HPE Comware v5/v7 based operating system devices CLIs configuration differences, similarities and interoperability:

1. Comware and Cisco IOS CLI Reference Guide (so one can evaluate how similar commands behave on both platforms). Reference (HPE Press cited on an Aruba Airheads thread links here): here.
    2. An HP/Cisco Switching and Routing interoperability test commissioned by HP (years ago) which became a cookbook about Cisco IOS and Comware interoperability (there are for sure examples on how VLAN/Link Aggregation were deployed on various series of HP/Cisco to demonstrate interoperability between these two brands). Reference: here (and here).

Hope these documents can help you.