Wireless Access

Regular Contributor I

104 IAP "Virtual Controller IP" is not Pingable . HELP !!!!

[ Edited ]

Dear Concerned

I connect IAP 104 to Cisco POE switch. Switch is not connected to any part of network and switch is in VLAN 1 by default. 

I configure the IP of IAP to 192.168.68.4 and same IAP is configured as a virtual controller having IP 192.168.68.19. In VC configuration i assigne the VLAN number 1, subnet mask and DG 192.168.68.253. I connected my laptop to the switch and assign the IP to my laptop of same subnet i.e 192.168.68.41     255.255.255.0.    I ping the IAP "IP" 192.168.68.4 from my laptop which being successsfulll.   When i ping the VC "IP" 192.168.68.19 from my laptop , ping is not successfull.

All IP's are statically assinged.

Please assist

Aruba

Re: 104 IAP "Virtual Controller IP" is not Pingable . HELP !!!!

[ Edited ]

From the User Guide.

Ensure that Virtual Controller VLAN is not the same as native VLAN of the IAP.

You would only enter those parameters if you want the VC ip to be in a different subnet to the IAP themselves.

If they all on same subnet you only need to enter here.

VC-ip.jpg

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
mclarke@arubanetworks.com
Regular Contributor I

[ Edited ]

Do i have to create a separate SSID with different VLAN ID ?

or what i have to do ?             Confused.

I f i assigned the IAP IP 192.168.68.4 in VLAN 1 and IAP VC IP 192.168.70.19 from VLAN 2. Is this VLAN 2 exists  via some SSID  and VLAN 2 subnet is allowed on DHCP server ?

Please tell me in detail

MVP

A. be sure that you are on the lastest version  ArubaInstant_XXXXXXXXX_6.3.1.4-4.0.0.5_43022

B. Uplink tab on the Edit Access Point menu.  Changing the Uplink management VLAN

Read here:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Aruba-Instant-Cloud-Wi-Fi/Cannot-access-IAP-105-GUI-from-wired-VLAN/td-p/50538

And if still dosent work - read here:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Aruba-Instant-Cloud-Wi-Fi/trying-to-configure-an-instant-ap-2C-with-the-native-vlan-of-851/td-p/149908

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Aruba-Instant-Cloud-Wi-Fi/VLAN-tagging-issue-with-IAP/td-p/70506

*****************2Plus Wireless Solutions****************************
Aruba Airheads - Powered By community for empower the community
************ Don't Forget to Kudos + me,If i helped you******************
Community Administrator

The VC will push the update to the other IAP. Like kdisc98 mentioned an update is necessary as you have an older version.

CWNA, ACMP, Security +
Occasional Contributor I

[ Edited ]

Hi.

sorry to dig that I am but I do have a similiar question and some of the above posts are confusing to me.

I quote:

"From the user guide:

Ensure that Virtual Controller VLAN is not the same as native VLAN of the IAP.

You would only enter those parameters if you want the VC ip to be in a different subnet to the IAP themselves."

I always have my VC along with my IAPs and switches in the same management VLAN and in the same subnet. This VLAN is a default/native/PVID VLAN configured on every port that has IAP connected to it. Thought that this is a correct approach. The outcome is that being associated with a wireless network deployed on the cluster, I can ping my VC in the management VLAN, but I can't access it using HTTPS. Is that proper behavior? I would highly appreciate if someone clarifies that.

Guru Elite

You should be able to ping and SSH into it even if you are associated to the IAP.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Thanks for the info!

I will verify that on Monday.

Basing on your post one can assume that HTTPS access to VC is not possible by default. Is that correct?

If yes, how can I enable it? I think that for some IAP205 based clusters I have deployed over a year ago, it was possible if I only interVLAN routing was configured. Did something change with new firmware?

Guru Elite

https access is possible to the VC unless you block it in some way, period.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Thanks, appreciated.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: