Wireless Access

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

3400 Controller Red Status Light

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  3400 Controller Red Status Light

Posted Jul 16, 2012 08:02 PM

Hey all.  So I have a controller that I recently reset back to factory settings.  When it came up after the reset it promted via the wizard for an IP address for VLAN 1.

At that time I did not enter the IP address and shut it off.  Now when I plug it in I get nothing off the serial port (Known working cable) and the status light stays red.

This unit was working fine previously, could the config be corrupt now causing it not to boot?  What can I do?  Hardware reset??

• 2.  RE: 3400 Controller Red Status Light

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 16, 2012 11:18 PM

Try this:

How do I reset a corrupt configuration file from the cpboot? https://kb.arubanetworks.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/572

• 3.  RE: 3400 Controller Red Status Light

Posted Jul 17, 2012 06:31 AM
    Colin thanks for the reply. Problem is that I am getting no response from the console port. When I power on the unit the status light starts amber then goes right to red. So is there a way hardware wise to do a complete reset ? I am stumped as to what would cause the serial port to not work.