Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

6.1.3.7 Upgrade from 3.4.5.1

Hi guys, new to the forum, though I have read quite a few posts on here. 

I am needing some help with my Aruba 3200XM controller.  I have been trying to upgrade our controller from 3.4.5.1 to 6.1.3.7.  The problem I keep having is that after the upgrade, any device that connects will not get a DHCP address.  I have turned of control plane security.  I have the radios set up in tunnel mode.  I have tried it with control plane security on, and in bridge mode, and control plane security off, and in split tunnel mode.  I have made sure that users and radios are on the VLAN 1 (we use just the standard VLan).  If I restart the controller back to 3.4.5.1, everything works fine again.  Any thoughts on this?  Thanks!

MVP

Re: 6.1.3.7 Upgrade from 3.4.5.1

Hi,

*You dont need to mess up your configuration too much - leave everyting like it's working in 3.4.5.X.

NOW..

Uour DHCP is internal or extrnal?

It's sound like u got a PEF/PEFNG issue.

What is the user-role that your usersgetting in version 3.4.5.1 when connecting to SSID

And on what access roles it's based.

Can u please print screen of amount of licesnse installed on your controller in version 3.4.5.1 - and then on version 6.1.3.7

update me in needed details - and i will be able to help you.

*****************2Plus Wireless Solutions****************************
Aruba Airheads - Powered By community for empower the community
************ Don't Forget to Kudos + me,If i helped you******************

[ Edited ]

DHCP is external to the Aruba system (disabled on controller).  All users are just using the standard logon user.  There are two pics attached.  I will have to wait to do the upgrade again until tonight since we only have one controller and it is our production unit.  Our system is very simple.  Basically it just needs to be an extension of the wired network to wireless clients.

[ Edited ]

I should also add that after the 6.1.3.7 upgrade, the AP's show the "a" flag for "a = Reduce ARP packets in the air".  Not sure if that matters or not.

Oh yeah, and with the licenses, it says in 3.4.5.1 the PEF is disabled, but in 6.1.3.7 after the upgrade it is enabled.  I can't find where to disable it.

MVP

kdisc98 is right .

You don't have a PEF license according to the screen shot you provided.

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
MVP

[ Edited ]

mmm..

if u didnt had pef |  after moving from 3.4.5.1 to 6.1.3.7 You cant suddenly have PEFNG installed.

can u please screenshot me the licesnse page in the 6.1.3.7 page (like u did in the 3.4.5.1)

*Dont forget to disable the control-plane secutiry after upgrading (in order to allow your ap to boot up and provision)

*ALSO - after upgrading - check that u still have VLAN/IP connectiviy to the extranl DHCP (By doing ping)

*ALSO - after upgrading - check your AP/VAP settings - check that u are using the same working mode as in 3.4.5.1 and also - make sure that there is a vlan tagging

update us.

I have 24 licenses on the Aruba licensing site for PEFNG.  And after I upgrade to 6.1.3.7 it shows that PEF is enabled.  I will have to upgrade again tonight and take some screen shots for you.

MVP

I will be here also in the evening.

feel free to post a new screenshots.

and also check if u have red flag in the gui (in 6.1.3.7 after upgraindg)

MVP

What's the sequece you are taking to upgrade from 3.4 to  6x ?

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA

[ Edited ]

Basically, I have the 6.1.3.7 system on partition 1, and 3.4.5.1 on partiton 2.  I backup up the settings to the flashbackup.tar.gz file, and then reboot to partition 1.  It updates the AP's and they all show "up" and the SSID information is correct, they just no longer get a DHCP address from my server.  I also turn off control plane security after the upgrade.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: