Wireless Access

6.1.3.9 - RAP console shows incorrect info

I've just noticed on my RAP running 6.1.3.9 that when I go to the RAP console, it is showing incorrect information.

The 2.4GHz ssids only use 20 MHz channels as usual, but the dashboard shows 2.4GHz-HT-40MHz.

RAP-ssids.jpg

Not really a big deal, but could be misleading if I was troubleshooting a customers RAP.

That might have been fixed in later versions, but not sure.

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
mclarke@arubanetworks.com
Guru Elite

Re: 6.1.3.9 - RAP console shows incorrect info

Please open a support case with TAC so we can replicate this using your config and specific setup.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Just though I'd update on this, based on what TAC said.

They were very confused that I was able to get the rapconsole on a campus ap that had been converted.  I got the same thing on another AP and also another version.

Anhow, the information shown is incorrect and just shows that the radio is capable of 40-MHz channels, but doesn't mean it actually is using them.

Nevertheless, still misleading.

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294

RAP console on a campus AP? really?
Pasquale Monardo | Senior Network Solutions Consultant
ACDX #420 | ACMP
[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos!]

yep.  strange but true.  I tried on an AP105 and same thing.

rapconsole.jpg

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: