Wireless Access

MVP

6.2.1.3 - RAP configured units staying on RID flag|same config/same unit,older os - its working :(

[ Edited ]

Hi AirHeads, Your assistance is needed.

I have a  A3600 in my testing lab (Don’t ask for a S/N – I'm Aruba distributor – doing tests in my own environment before deployments.) that working with RAP units = AP125 | AP105 | AP135 | AP93 | AP61 (from all kind)

Last week, I upgraded the partition 0 to 6.2.1.3..and since then the RAP units that was connecting to it – stop to work and keep staying on RID when using user/password/key auth….

(tested with CPSEC OFF)

If I'm booting from, the 2nd partition,  partition 1 (6.1.3.6) – without changing any configuration. All the RAPS are connecting well. As before

This BUG has been seen on 10 other controllers on the field!!! RAP with user/password/key getting RID forever with 6.2.1.3 version.

Please advise

Thanks.

Me

*****************2Plus Wireless Solutions****************************
Aruba Airheads - Powered By community for empower the community
************ Don't Forget to Kudos + me,If i helped you******************
Aruba

Re: 6.2.1.3 BUG - internaldb... dont let rap to connect | must use CERT :(

If you add one of your RAPs on your test network to the controller when using the new code, as a test, does it COME UP into service ?

FYI, CPSEC does not affect RAP functionality, it's for campus APs running IPSEC for Control Plane functionality.    The RAP-WHITELIST is where you want to add the RAP for a test of course.

Reason i am suggesting this test (add one RAP to whitelist and allow to boot, see if RID is obtained) is to rule-in or rule-out that what you are seeing in your situation is 100% dependant upon username/password and NOT something else that has changed during the migration.   

Could you pls. verify this so we can focus the next-steps ?  

JF

MVP

Re: 6.2.1.3 BUG - internaldb... Don't let rap to connect | must use CERT :(

[ Edited ]

Thanks for fast responding! :catembarrassed:

If you add one of your RAPs on your test network to the controller when using the new code, as a test, does it COME UP into service ?

RAP (AP105/AP125/AP135)  working ONLY IF I USE CERT on version 6.2.1.3 .On other version also with user/pass same controller same config.

FYI, CPSEC does not affect RAP functionality, it's for campus APs running IPSEC for Control Plane functionality.    The RAP-WHITELIST is where you want to add the RAP for a test of course.

Thanks on the info but.. I aware to that ..im using Aruba since 2004..And just deployed thousands of rap units :) I just mentioned that

BTW: the user/pass working great on lower versions.. (other partition same config)

Reason I am suggesting this test (add one RAP to whitelist and allow to boot, see if RID is obtained) is to rule-in or rule-out that what you are seeing in your situation is 100% dependant upon username/password and NOT something else that has changed during the migration.  

RAP with CERT working like charm (tested on a few different units)

CAP working like charm

RAP with user/pass internal db... On 6.2.1.3 just doesn't work (tested on a few units - all of them staying on RID..If I'm lowering the version everything working!) *even due i can see under clients..that the ap connected well and got the right role.. ap-role + internal vpn address )

and ideas? Already tested on two different controller on lab (1 partition with 6.2.1.3 2nd partition with older 6.1.3.X)  - same results when using 6.2.1.3 (and I also saw that in 10 other controllers that I have on different sites with 6.2.1.3)

Me.

Aruba

Dear Me;

Glad you have deployed thousands of units, congrats :)  

Your reply now gives me important information missing from your original posting.   Since cert provisioning lets the devices through, that's good to know.    

Next up;   What does the datapath say for these RAPs that are in the RID state ?   What does a debug on the RAP tell us ?  

JF 

MVP

10-15min i will get back to , i will go back to my lab (i'am outside the office right now)

MVP

[ Edited ]

Datapath of two diffrent RAP'S on 3600 with 6.2.1.3

1.1.1.1 = RAP with CERT (Working on 6.2.1.3)

1.1.1.2 = RAP with username password (working on all version except 6.2.1.3)

Capture.PNG

MVP

When trying to get DEBUG LOG WITH 6.2.1.3 in front of RAP unit with RID FLAG...the controller just freezing in CLI and GUI:

Capture2.PNGCapture3.PNG

Guru Elite

type "show user-table internal" to see what roles each of those RAPs get.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

Capture33.PNG

Guru Elite

Type "show rights logon" and "show rights ap-role"

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: