Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

7010-RW Mobility Controller

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  7010-RW Mobility Controller

Posted Aug 17, 2017 06:18 AM

Hi All 

I am very new to the Aruba product. 

I bought a APIN215 and after try to get ti to work i figured out i need a controller. I had my eye on a 7010-RW Mobility Controller. The question is does this need a licence to use, is it a once off licence. I am looking at running 2 AP215 only.

What happens if not licence is installed

Thanks

• 2.  RE: 7010-RW Mobility Controller

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Aug 17, 2017 06:57 AM

You will need to license the controllers to the capacity of AP's that you require. If the there is no licenses on the controller the AP will not show as "up". 

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_65x_WebHelp/Content/ArubaFrameStyles/New_Licenses/License_Usage.htm

• 3.  RE: 7010-RW Mobility Controller

Posted Aug 17, 2017 07:16 AM

So to be clear 

to have only 2 AP215 connect to the controler i need to only buy  2x JW472AAE Aruba LIC-AP Controller per AP Capacity License E-LTU licences. 

Or do i need to buy one for the moblity control 7010-RW as well 

How long do the liceences last. 

Thanks 

• 4.  RE: 7010-RW Mobility Controller
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Aug 17, 2017 07:22 AM

It depends, if you want to do any firewall, user roles etc then a PEF-NG license is a good start too. Also the RF Protect license is good for spectrum monitor and WIPS stuff. You need to make sure that each license level is the same as the controller will support the minimum license count.

So for example

2x AP Capacity

2x PEFNG

2x RFP

The licenses are permanent and do not expire. The licenses are applied to the controller and not the AP.

You could always request an eval from HPE to trial features first, these are valid for a maximum of 90 days.