Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

7205 Standalone Controller - OS 8

Hi Champs,

With OS8, can we configure 7205 as standalone Mobility Controller?

or do we need Mobility Master as well?

Thanks.

Contributor I

RE: 7205 Standalone Controller - OS 8

Standalone configuration is possible.
It can be selected when setting up in os8.0 version.

Occasional Contributor I

Thanks Ohsung.Kim,

We would need to configure the Access Points with an IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway. Also need to configure the controller IP Address on the APs.

Would you advise if this could be done using GUI or CLI?

Thanks.

Aruba Employee

@dot1x wrote:

Thanks Ohsung.Kim,

We would need to configure the Access Points with an IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway. Also need to configure the controller IP Address on the APs.

Would you advise if this could be done using GUI or CLI?

Thanks.

I strongly recommend using DHCP to assign IP information to APs. While it's possible to do this manually, dynamic provides more flexibility when changes need to be made.

Charlie Clemmer
Aruba Customer Engineering
Occasional Contributor II

ArubaOS 8 WebUI.jpgMy lab/training 7005 configured as standalone controller, OS 8.0.1.1.

After the first pass CLI setup, I configured vlan 18 with an IP address, configured a default IP address, and controller-ip vlan 18. I added the licenses.

But after reboot, where is my web GUI? This is what I see - nothing. I can't interact in any way.

What am I doing wrong?

Try using chrome / firefox / edge

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Architect @WEI
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA

ArubaOS8 on Chrome.jpg

It works with Chrome v67 (above). The previous shot was IE 11. Firefox doesn't let me get past the certificate error (also a problem with older ArubaOS).

Now I have another problem. I tried to make a simple WLAN, WPA2 Personal with  PSK authentication and default role "authenticated". No PEF.jpg

I have a full set of licenses. Why does it not recognize that I have PEF?

(Aruba7005) ^[mynode] #show license

License Table
-------------
Key                                               Installed            Expires(Grace period expiry)  Flags  Service Type
---                                               ---------            ----------------------------  -----  ------------
TMrsyfG4-tlN3xyis-v2xFbHuM-8klcNKog-LraIWHNV-Bww  2018-07-16 10:08:31  Never                          E     RF Protect: 2
Di8C/NNM-XZhD9IFa-QRPvLHN5-M+JX0XOw-9OXGcpx9-4HI  2018-07-16 10:08:42  Never                          E     Policy Enforcement Firewall for VPN users
TevaLb0a-B8DYlgV3-DJ4djcIc-u+pUnpJb-fmn6ItBy-oaM  2018-07-16 10:08:52  Never                          E     Access Points: 2
/NFvN5/l-tMV7fd62-ZME5Mera-2iaBk+UK-c7n0wN7G-F+o  2018-07-16 10:09:03  Never                          E     Next Generation Policy Enforcement Firewall Module: 2

License Entries: 4

Flags: A - auto-generated; E - enabled; S - Subscription; R - reboot required to activate; D - Not enabled on license client

Note: Time under 'Installed' for Subscription licenses is the license generation time.
(Aruba7005) ^[mynode] #

This is all new to me.

1. What licenses do I need for an ArubaOS 8.x standalone controller (no external MM or license server, virtual or otherwise)?

2. The licenses I used were from the prior 6.x setup. Do I need to "Transfer Licenses to new Platform" in the portal?

Never mind -- usual learning curve. I had to enable license features at the CLI, and now it works. We didn't have to do that before.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: