Wireless Access

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

7220 code 6.4.4.9 chromecast support

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  7220 code 6.4.4.9 chromecast support

Posted Sep 15, 2016 10:35 AM

Hi we just got a controller last week and we had to rush to get it into production, I am trying to get chromecast's to work and I have had no luck. it will not connect to our open ssid guest network,  I have googlecast, DIAL, DLNA Media and AirPlay enabled.

what am I missing, I had this working when we were IAP virtual controllers.

Thank you

Pino

• 2.  RE: 7220 code 6.4.4.9 chromecast support

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 15, 2016 10:48 AM

The chromecast should be able to connect to a preshared key network without Airgroup.  Airgroup only allows clients to be able to see that device across subnets and with broadcast filtering on.  If your chromecast cannot connect, it has nothing to do with Airgroupl

• 3.  RE: 7220 code 6.4.4.9 chromecast support

Posted Sep 15, 2016 12:04 PM

when we were an IAP enviroment the chromecast would not connect until we enabled the airgroup settings, and now they are acting the same way.

when you enable the services what needs to be done in the settings tab.

• 4.  RE: 7220 code 6.4.4.9 chromecast support

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 15, 2016 01:02 PM

Are you saying that the Chromecast device would not be able to attach like a client?  That should not be.  Airgroup Settings should only affect the discovery of a Chromecast device, not the chromecast connecting to the network.

• 5.  RE: 7220 code 6.4.4.9 chromecast support

Posted Sep 15, 2016 01:42 PM

Yes the chromecast will not connect and get IP , we are using the controller for dhcp on our guest network, at minimum it should connect and get IP, like I said when we were IAP, it would do the exact same thing until I enabled the airgroup policies , then it connected fine and we could stream no problem. what are the steps for enabling the airgroup settings?

Thank you

Pino

Stonehill College

• 6.  RE: 7220 code 6.4.4.9 chromecast support

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 16, 2016 08:28 AM

Please open a TAC case.  A chromecast device should work without Airgroup.  Airgroup is enabled by default.