Wireless Access

Reply
Occasional Contributor II
Posts: 30
Registered: ‎08-20-2013

AOS 6.3 hardware requirements.

Hi,

 

I am about to upgrade 3 production controllers and I just want to make sure my hardware supports meets the 6.3 requirements.

 

(cdh-aruba1-0-mc) #show mem

Memory (Kb): total: 1540460, used: 423024, free: 1117436

(cdh-aruba1-0-mc) #show ver
Aruba Operating System Software.
ArubaOS (MODEL: Aruba6000-US), Version 6.1.3.9
Website: http://www.arubanetworks.com
Copyright (c) 2002-2013, Aruba Networks, Inc.
Compiled on 2013-06-18 at 15:05:10 PDT (build 38704) by p4build

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version CPBoot 1.2.0.0 (build 20527) 
Built: 2009-01-20 18:56:10
Built by: p4build@re_client_20527


Switch uptime is 52 days 20 hours 29 minutes 4 seconds
Reboot Cause: User reboot.
Supervisor Card
Processor XLR 732 (revision C4) with 2016M bytes of memory. 
32K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.
512M bytes of Supervisor Card System flash (model=CF 512MB).

 

Thank you.

Guru Elite
Posts: 21,583
Registered: ‎03-29-2007

Re: AOS 6.3 hardware requirements.


jcX4ever wrote:

Hi,

 

I am about to upgrade 3 production controllers and I just want to make sure my hardware supports meets the 6.3 requirements.

 

(cdh-aruba1-0-mc) #show mem

Memory (Kb): total: 1540460, used: 423024, free: 1117436

(cdh-aruba1-0-mc) #show ver
Aruba Operating System Software.
ArubaOS (MODEL: Aruba6000-US), Version 6.1.3.9
Website: http://www.arubanetworks.com
Copyright (c) 2002-2013, Aruba Networks, Inc.
Compiled on 2013-06-18 at 15:05:10 PDT (build 38704) by p4build

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version CPBoot 1.2.0.0 (build 20527) 
Built: 2009-01-20 18:56:10
Built by: p4build@re_client_20527


Switch uptime is 52 days 20 hours 29 minutes 4 seconds
Reboot Cause: User reboot.
Supervisor Card
Processor XLR 732 (revision C4) with 2016M bytes of memory. 
32K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.
512M bytes of Supervisor Card System flash (model=CF 512MB).

 

Thank you.


Quite frankly, you should read the 6.3 release notes to determine if you should upgrade or not.  The memory and model are just two factors that are important.



Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II
Posts: 30
Registered: ‎08-20-2013

Re: AOS 6.3 hardware requirements.

I did read the pdf and I probably missed or they missed to write the minimum RAM requirement. I know, I heard before that it needs at least 1GB of RAM. I just want to make sure of this.

 

The reason we are  upgrading is to be able to use some AP225.

 

Anyway, I can always open a TAC.

 

Thank you.

Guru Elite
Posts: 21,583
Registered: ‎03-29-2007

Re: AOS 6.3 hardware requirements.


jcX4ever wrote:

I did read the pdf and I probably missed or they missed to write the minimum RAM requirement. I know, I heard before that it needs at least 1GB of RAM. I just want to make sure of this.

 

The reason we are  upgrading is to be able to use some AP225.

 

Anyway, I can always open a TAC.

 

Thank you.


Not trying to push you to TAC.  What MC model is that?



Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II
Posts: 30
Registered: ‎08-20-2013

Re: AOS 6.3 hardware requirements.

Supervisor Card slot      	: 0
Mobility Processor        	: FPGA Rev 0x13021320
Mobility Processor Assembly#	: 2010027B
SC      Model#            	: Aruba6000-US

 Here's the inventory.

 

Tnx

Guru Elite
Posts: 21,583
Registered: ‎03-29-2007

Re: AOS 6.3 hardware requirements.


jcX4ever wrote:
Supervisor Card slot      	: 0
Mobility Processor        	: FPGA Rev 0x13021320
Mobility Processor Assembly#	: 2010027B
SC      Model#            	: Aruba6000-US

 Here's the inventory.

 

Tnx


That looks like a sup-1 or sup-2.  Those are not supported on 6.3



Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba
Posts: 1,296
Registered: ‎08-29-2007

Re: AOS 6.3 hardware requirements.


cjoseph wrote:

jcX4ever wrote:
Supervisor Card slot      	: 0
Mobility Processor        	: FPGA Rev 0x13021320
Mobility Processor Assembly#	: 2010027B
SC      Model#            	: Aruba6000-US

 Here's the inventory.

 

Tnx


That looks like a sup-1 or sup-2.  Those are not supported on 6.3


It's currently on 6.1.3.9 so can't be a sup-1 or sup-2.


If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
mclarke@arubanetworks.com
Guru Elite
Posts: 21,583
Registered: ‎03-29-2007

Re: AOS 6.3 hardware requirements.

[ Edited ]

Please open a case with support.  Show memory is not enough to know what device this is.



Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: