Wireless Access

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AOS8 with "Multi-Tenant" Solution [HOW TO ?]

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  AOS8 with "Multi-Tenant" Solution [HOW TO ?]

Posted Jul 04, 2018 06:31 AM

Hi Everyone,

I have 2 Data center, As per data center have 1xMM and 3xMC.

On DC-1 MM is active

On DC-2 MM is Standby

When the internet operator need to use multi-tenant solution.

Question:

1. Operator need to buy 1 of standalone controller right?

What licenses needed?

Where to installed the licenses? On operator controller? On MM?

2. Operator use multi-tenant into MM right?

Multi-tenant to both of MM?

Or VRRP of MM?

Diagram show below.

dddfffff.png

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: AOS8 with "Multi-Tenant" Solution [HOW TO ?]

Posted Dec 25, 2019 09:42 AM

Aruba Still doesn't support multi-tenancy in their controller. This is big turning point we lost a lot of customers.

• 3.  RE: AOS8 with "Multi-Tenant" Solution [HOW TO ?]

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 25, 2019 11:10 AM

@Dinusha Chandrasinghe wrote:

Aruba Still doesn't support multi-tenancy in their controller. This is big turning point we lost a lot of customers.

Your last post said "A" customer and now you are saying alot of customers.  Please talk to your Aruba Sales team specifically about your requirements.  Multi-Tenancy has many definitions.

• 4.  RE: AOS8 with "Multi-Tenant" Solution [HOW TO ?]

Posted Dec 25, 2019 10:40 PM

SLT is ISP in Sri Lanka. They Provide Enterprise WiFi Solution for Lot of customers in Sri Lanka as a managed service provider.

• 5.  RE: AOS8 with "Multi-Tenant" Solution [HOW TO ?]

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 25, 2019 10:46 PM

Please talk to your HPE/Aruba sales team in specific about your opportunities to see if the specifc needs of this customer is a proper fit.

• 6.  RE: AOS8 with "Multi-Tenant" Solution [HOW TO ?]

Posted Dec 25, 2019 11:16 PM

We have discussed with regional Sales and Technical and sales team. they don't have solution other than Aruba Central. Customer needs to host Aruba Centralin their DataCenter due to privacy. We are struggling to solve this matter. 

• 7.  RE: AOS8 with "Multi-Tenant" Solution [HOW TO ?]

MVP
    Posted Dec 26, 2019 01:30 AM

I am not sure, when you say Aruba doesn't support Multi-Tenant, what do you mean by that? 

Aruba does support Multi-zone, where, as it says:
    "The MultiZone feature allows organizations to have multiple and separate secure networks while using the same access point. It also allows AP to terminate to multiple managed devices that reside in different zones. A zone is a collection of managed devices under a single administration domain. The zone can have a single managed device or a cluster setup."

I had a similar case when someone from the sales team told us that Aruba does not support WiFi Offload according to 3GPP, however we managed to win the project implement it and it is still working according to 3GPP specs. There are always different types of "namings" and "features" which are called diferently, but with a slight work-around you have it working properplly as the standard or feature requires. 

You also have a thread here on Airheads which even shows how to configure Multi-zone.
    https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/How-to-Configure-Multizone/td-p/481727

• 8.  RE: AOS8 with "Multi-Tenant" Solution [HOW TO ?]

Posted Dec 26, 2019 01:50 AM

Hi,

I mean Multi-Tenancy is: Multi-tenancy is an architecture in which a single instance of a software application (WLC) serves multiple customers. Each customer is called a tenant

Our AP support this feature but Controller doesn't support this.

• 9.  RE: AOS8 with "Multi-Tenant" Solution [HOW TO ?]

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 26, 2019 07:13 AM

@Dinusha Chandrasinghe wrote:

We have discussed with regional Sales and Technical and sales team. they don't have solution other than Aruba Central. Customer needs to host Aruba Centralin their DataCenter due to privacy. We are struggling to solve this matter. 

If you have already discussed it with Sales and Technical Sales, hopefully you made it known with them what modifications you would like with the product, that is good.  The other place you can use to make your desire known is here:  http://innovate.arubanetworks.com

• 10.  RE: AOS8 with "Multi-Tenant" Solution [HOW TO ?]

Posted Dec 26, 2019 09:04 AM

Sir,

I'll do it now. I saw same requirement request in there.

I think we can achieve multi-tenancy in Aruba controller by allowing VRF in MCs.