Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

AP-125 Reset

Hi guys.  I have a wierd issue, and I hope someone can help.  I bought a few used AP-125's to add to our network.  I have always had AP-65's and have just started adding the AP-125's recently.  I have read three different things on resetting an AP-125, and I am not sure which one is correct.  I have done the purge, save, reset method.  I have done the purge, clear os method.  And I have done the clear os, purgeenv, saveenv, reset method.  The standard purge doesn't seem to do anything, while the clear os one seems to kill the image on the AP.  I now have a Invalid Image Format version: 0xffffffff error that I can't seem to get around.  Any ideas on how to fix the error, and what the proper reset method is?  Thanks.

MVP

Re: AP-125 Reset

What exactly you are trying to purge or in others words what exactly is not working after you purge AP ?

Can you share the console output ?
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA

I am actually just trying to factory reset them so I can add them to my controller. 

Aruba

Purge command from apboot  would be the proper command to erase the config on the AP and this will revert back the AP to factory default settings. Find below.

apboot> help
? - alias for 'help'
boot - boot the OS image
clear - clear the OS image or other information
dhcp - invoke DHCP client to obtain IP/boot params
factory_reset - emulate factory_reset functionality
help - print online help
mfginfo - show manufacturing info
ping - send ICMP ECHO_REQUEST to network host
printenv - print environment variables
purgeenv - restore default environment variables
reset - Perform RESET of the CPU
saveenv - save environment variables to persistent storage
setenv - set environment variables
tftpboot - boot image via network using TFTP protocol
upgrade - upgrade the APBoot or OS image
version - print monitor version

Are we able to do DHCP and then try to ping the controller ip address and default-gateway of the AP itself. If the AP is unable to reach master controller and if it unable to down load the image then we may be running into this issue.

Please verify the master controller ip address and gateway is pingable from apboot mode.

Thanks!

<<<<<<<<<<<Kudos please if my suggestions helped you>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

MVP

To confirm that the purged worked you can do a printenv and that will show you the variables or config on the AP like the name , ap-group .

After you purge it is the AP not able to reach the controller ?
Thank you

Victor Fabian

I am beginning to think maybe they are just bad.  I can't get an IP even with the DHCP command.  One of them has both ethernet 1 and 2 lights lit up even though I only have one cable plugged in, and they other one only gets a light on ethernet port 2 when the cable is in it, but ethernet 1 will not light up.  I have one though that lights up ethernet 1 like it should, but it will not get a dhcp address.

MVP

Do you have any other working APs on the same segment you are connecting that AP 125 ?
Thank you

Victor Fabian

Yes.  And I have used the same cables and setup for clearing and provisioning the AP-125's, so like I said, I am beginning to think I have some bad ones that I need to send back, since they were used in the first place.

Actually, I just looked and it does show down on the en0 and en1 ports even if I have anything plugged into them.

Aruba

You might got the bad one; please raise the case with TAC to RMA.

Thanks

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: