Wireless Access

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP-135 Configuration without controller?

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  AP-135 Configuration without controller?

Posted Feb 22, 2013 12:29 PM

Hey all,

My boss purchaesed a bunch of the Aruba Networks AP-135 access points but did not purchase a controller.  He said he was told by his sales agent that we did not need a controller in our environment and that these device could be configured to work with our existing RADIUS server.  I am not getting anywhere trying to work with these things other than successfully conencting via console.  They get an ip address which I can confrim from my DHCP server, but I am not able to access any web interface at all.

Do I absolutely need a controller?  Any helpful information would be useful as I have never used, seen, or configured these before.  Thanks in advance.

-Jon

• 2.  RE: AP-135 Configuration without controller?
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 22, 2013 12:39 PM

HI

A. only InstantAP have a virtual controller abilites and can work as a virutal controller

B.check if you have AP-135 or iAP-135 look in the back of the ap - on the white sticker < the "I" in the begning is importent,if u have ap-135 ,it can only be configured and work in front of a Aruba Controller.

if you have iap-135 so u can configure the first virtual controller via the "instant" ssid on the air.

me

• 3.  RE: AP-135 Configuration without controller?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 22, 2013 02:24 PM

The boxes the APs are packed in should also have identifying labeling indicating clearly if they are "Instant" APs or just regular Access Points.

Instant APs will also have a small insert explaining how to set them up and connect to the virtual controller.

• 4.  RE: AP-135 Configuration without controller?

Posted Jul 28, 2019 12:28 AM

Hi every body!
    Please help me to solve my problems!
    I have 3 Aruba 135, and im setting a Lan networks for my office. But the PC (wired) of laptop ( wireless) can see itself in " my networks place" in windows 7/10. In website for control, it showed every pc/laptop/mobile. And i use Advanced IP Scanner program to check, the availble with IP, but i can not access.
    How do I solve it? thankiu!

• 5.  RE: AP-135 Configuration without controller?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 28, 2019 07:41 AM

Please open a new thread.  This thread id 5 years old.