Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

AP-175 AC Provisioning????

I just took my first AP-175 AC out of the box, downloaded the driver for the USB cable to my laptop and connected the USB cable between my laptop and the AP-175 AC radio. I then plugged in the power cable and it tells me that DHCP Broadcast 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 Eth0: down and then it states Retry count exceeded: starting again.

My question is where is the manual on how to setup an AP-175 AC radio or if there is n't one is there at least a list of CLI items available somewhere?

Aruba

Re: AP-175 AC Provisioning????

You don't provision the AP-175 via CLI in a typical environment... instead you provide it network connectivity to an Aruba Controller and do the configuration from that point.

Thank you for responding. I finally figured out that just because the side port states PoE OUT it is also the means of connecting this device to the network and hense the controller.

Aruba

The AP-175 is a controller based/controlled AP.. glad you are making progress.

I have one more question relative to the ARUBA AP-175AC PoE Out Port. Do you have to specifically enable that port for PoE or is it on demand because I can't seem to power a Cisco 7960 VoIP directly connected to that port.

Aruba

Is the AP up and functional (connected to the controller) already ?

Yes

I have it meshed

Aruba

Excellent.

What status is the POE LED in when you have the device connected to the ethernet port ?  Off ?

Yes. I just figured out the problem. The 7960 is an old version and aparently doesn't support IEEE802.3af. A new 7945 does and lit right up.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: