Wireless Access

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP 225 Transmit power min and max.

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  AP 225 Transmit power min and max.

Posted Feb 05, 2015 12:51 PM

I have a 1to 1 enviroment with a ap in every class, I need to know what  my transmit power max and min should be, 70 aps, class by class, what is the default for a 225? 

#AP225

• 2.  RE: AP 225 Transmit power min and max.

Posted Feb 05, 2015 01:20 PM

@dale nevarez wrote:

I have a 1to 1 enviroment with a ap in every class, I need to know what  my transmit power max and min should be, 70 aps, class by class, what is the default for a 225?

Max transmit power...

• 2.4-GHz band: +23 dBm
    • 5-GHz bands: +23 dBm

You can get all specification in about 225

http://cloud.arubanetworks.com/products/instant-224-225#specification

• 3.  RE: AP 225 Transmit power min and max.

Posted Feb 05, 2015 01:24 PM
    Awesome thank you this helps.

[https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTK6wPrDnODdBrTkmThJweFNT84wRKzdYQ78OqvJPxnt9ORqUhr]Dale Nevarez SFPS-Technology Dept.
    2516 Cerrillos Road
    Santa Fe, NM 87505 505 467-2554 Cell 505 670-5479

[it]

Disclaimer: This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addresses(s) only and may be confidential and/or legally privileged. If the reader is not the intended recipient, DO NOT READ, notify sender and delete this message. In addition, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. The contents of this message, while possibly falling under the exceptions of the Inspection of Public Records ACT [NMSA Chapter 14, Article2] may be subject to inspection by the public.

• 4.  RE: AP 225 Transmit power min and max.

Posted Feb 05, 2015 01:51 PM

If you got one AP per each classroom i would have 12 - 15 dbm or 15 to 18 but no more than that...

It is recommended that you dont use the maximum output power.   This can casuse issues to the client match and the devices not roaming correctly.

Plus remeember that most of the cellphones and devices like that their maximum output power is something like 17dmb or 18...  and if you put 23dbm the AP can see the client but the client  might not  be able to asnwer the ap back properly.

Cheers

Carlos