Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP-275 on 6.5 code

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AP-275 on 6.5 code

Posted Aug 17, 2016 11:24 AM

I'm having a weird issue with a 275. Also have a TAC case open.

I have a 275 mounted out on the scoreboard of our school's softball field. This connects back to the network via a separate p2p wireless link. This has worked well, up until now.

I recently purchased two new controllers (7220) and loaded 6.5.0.0 on to them. The reason is to support some 315s which I also just purchased. I will be moving all of my APs to these controllers.

I moved the 275 to the new controllers/software. It booted up ok, loaded the new software and rebooted successully. However, it only stayed up for about 2 minutes and went "down". After being down for around 45 minutes it came back up again, but once again just for 2 minutes. This pattern repeats over and over again.

One of the times while it was up, I moved it back to my old controller/software. It worked fine there, with no issues at all.

I removed the 275 and brought it to my office, plugged it directly into a POE switch there and upgraded it again. It does not display the same behaviour when connected directly to a POE switch. It works fine on the 6.5 software and new controller.

So, it would seem that the 6.5 software does not "like" the POE injector I have out on the softball field scoreboard, however 6.4.3.8 does "like" it. At least that's what I'm assuming.

The question I have, is that why would one version of software be ok with the injector and another not be ok with it? Or is there something else potentially happening?

• 2.  RE: AP-275 on 6.5 code

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 17, 2016 12:21 PM

So if the 275 configured as a mesh point or is it a Campus AP (I wasn't clear from the description, you mention a separate PtP link, so I'm assuming the 275 is NOT doing mesh and is just like a wired AP), and when you move it, are all the controllers part of the same cluster/group (master-local, whatever) or are you moving it to different controller instances on different AOS code levels?

What is the type/model of power injector you are using?

• 3.  RE: AP-275 on 6.5 code

Posted Aug 17, 2016 01:30 PM

It is a Campus AP.

When I move it, I am moving it to a different set of master/local on different firmware. They are separate clusters.

Coming from a 6.4.3.8 master going to a 6.5.0.0

• 4.  RE: AP-275 on 6.5 code

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 18, 2016 09:34 AM

Which power injector are you using?

• 5.  RE: AP-275 on 6.5 code

Posted Aug 18, 2016 01:03 PM

It is a PowerDsine 9001GO

Thanks.