Wireless Access

New Contributor

AP-70 logging in problem

Hi,

I'm aruba newbie. I've got secondhand AP-70 from work. Unfortunatelly I can't configure it.

I've tried to check traffic between my laptop and AP-70 on my ethernet interface. It appeared that AP-70 was sending dhcp request packets. Since I've started dhcp server, AP-70 has IP, but I still don't know how to log in to web admin panel. What is the default port for such web gui (I've tried 80, 8080, 4343, 8383, without success)?

AP-70 has serial over ethernet functionality. How can I use it? Should I use any special cable? Is putty able to connect to such router via SOE? How to configure putty to do that? I mean, what to type as serial line?

Telnet is not working too, or I am doing it wrong (via putty on routers ip, port 23)

Any other hints how could I make that router operational is highly appreciated :]

Best regards and thanks!

G

Guru Elite

Re: AP-70 logging in problem

You need a controller to configure that AP...

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

What do you mean by a controller? Another device? You mean, that it can't work as the only device in network?

Guru Elite

Unfortunately, you cannot...

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

New Contributor

Aruba Ap 70 = 10$

Aruba Networks 600 Mobility Controller Series= $ 1,745.88

:)

MVP

altuntas78 wrote:

Try this? Would not it be anyway?

that way you can give the AP an IP, but to have it function like you want to you do need a controller, as can be seen in the document one of the things you can configure is the master IP, the IP address for the controller, these APs don't function stand alone.

and indeed, a controller isn't a cheap device to buy.  if you want to get something workable for less look into instant APs.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: